Making Movies: The Power of the Smartphone
Ever wanted to be a movie director or a cinematographer or simply a documentary filmmaker? This is the learning programme for you!
Not convinced? Want to know what a mobile made movie would look like? Watch Tangerine; directed by Sean Baker and shot entirely on an iPhone. Watch Trailer:
- A smartphone (preferably with a 13 MP camera or higher)
- Ability to work individually and in teams
- Absolute eagerness to use hands and feet
- Burning desire to make marvelous movies
- Learn how to make movies with your smartphone camera.
- Attain practical expertise in the essentials of movie making, with both smartphones and with professional cameras.
The first two modules shall enable the participants to get field experience on techniques such as:
- Shooting in horizontal mode and shooting at angles and from heights
- Using light to advantage
- Identifying locations
- Learning to focus and using additional low priced attachments
- Stabilizing the camera
- Audio techniques through inexpensive attachments
- Designing and using music effects for the movie on the smartphone
- Editing for sound and dubbing on the smartphone
- Using various apps for enhancing the shooting and the editing
- Editing the movie using Open Source and premium editing software and web application
- Useful media storage tools (formats, conversion, compression, cloud storage)
In the third and final module, the participant shall work with a group of other participants to make movies involving elements such as story, script, filming, and editing. The movies created will be screened at our Annual Film Festival in December, 2017.